The following is a list of resources that I frequently visit. I find these very handy and may be useful to help grow your business online:
- Search Engine Watch – is the authoritative guide to search engine marketing (SEM) and search engine optimization (SEO).
- Search Engine Land – a news and information site covering search engine marketing, searching issues and the search engine industry.
- Get Elastic – Ecommerce articles, news and tips for online retailers. (Sponsored by Elastic Path)
- Shop.org – a compilation of Shop.org original research, consumer data, and numerous other resources for e-commerce professionals.
- Internet Retailer – Strategies for web-based retailing.
Online marketing organizations in Canada/US (that may offer seminars, webinars and networking events):
- Sempo Canada – SEMPO Canada is Canadian Non-Profit Professional Search Marketing Association working to increase awareness and promote the value of Search Engine Marketing in Canada.
- IIMA – The International Internet Marketing Association started in 1998 to bring marketers, agencies and professionals together to discuss the capabilities and potential of Internet marketing.
- BCAMA – The BC Chapter of the American Marketing Association has been this province’s leading marketing source since 1955.
- American Marketing Association – The American Marketing Association (AMA) is the largest marketing association in North America.
Top Conferences in North America that I have been too or planning on attending in near future:
- SMX – Search Marketing Expo is programmed by the sharpest minds in search marketing. Together, Search Engine Land editor-in-chief Danny Sullivan and executive editor Chris Sherman have covered the topics, interviewed the luminaries and educated a generation of search marketers.
- SES – Search Engine Strategies is the leading global conference & expo series that educates delegates on search engine marketing (SEM), including optimization (SEO) and advertising strategies, tactics and best practices.
- BlogWorldExpo – This is first and only industry-wide tradeshow, conference, and media event dedicated to promoting the dynamic industry of new media including: Blogging, Podcasting, Social Media, Online Video, Music, TV, Radio, Gaming, Entertainment and Communities.
- IRCE - The Internet Retailer Conference & Exhibition became America’s largest trade show by first becoming the largest show in e-retailing—a status it has maintained for the last four years.
- Shop Annual Summit – Since its inception in 1996, the Digital Retail Industry has joined with Shop.org to create a community of like-minded executives with the common purpose of advancing their industry through the sharing of knowledge, experience and expertise.
- IMC – Internet Marketing Conference has brought online marketing training to users, consultants, and vendors since 2000. It’s a great place to meet, learn, share, and network with peers.
- Miva Merchant Conference – spend 4 power-packed days working with the most successful Miva Merchants online today in our lab-style classroom environment and in ample networking opportunities.
Some of my favorite tools
- Seomoz.org – SEOmoz serves as a hub for search marketers worldwide, providing education, tools, resources and paid services to help every SEO to be the best they can be.
- Google Webmaster Central – your one-stop shop for webmaster resources that will help you with your crawling and indexing questions, introduce you to offerings that can enhance and increase traffic to your site, and connect you with your visitors.
- Google Analytics – is the enterprise-class web analytics solution that gives you rich insights into your website traffic and marketing effectiveness.
- Hubspot Website Grader - Website Grader is a free seo tool that measures the marketing effectiveness of a website. It provides a score that incorporates things like website traffic, SEO, social popularity and other technical factors.