The following is a list of resources that I frequently visit. I find these very handy and may be useful to help grow your business online:
- Search Engine Land – a news and information site covering search engine marketing, searching issues and the search engine industry.
- Internet Retailer – Strategies for web-based retailing.
Blog Topics /Articles on Google Analytics Universal:
- http://www.simoahava.com/?s=universal+analytics –http://cutroni.com/blog/?s=universal+analytics
- http://www.cardinalpath.com/blog/ –http://www.tatvic.com/blog/
Online marketing organizations in Canada/US (that may offer seminars, webinars and networking events):
- Digital Analytics Association - The Digital Analytics Association makes analytics professionals more effective and valuable through professional development and community.
- Sempo Canada – SEMPO Canada is Canadian Non-Profit Professional Search Marketing Association working to increase awareness and promote the value of Search Engine Marketing in Canada.
- BCAMA – The BC Chapter of the American Marketing Association has been this province’s leading marketing source since 1955.
- American Marketing Association – The American Marketing Association (AMA) is the largest marketing association in North America.
Top Conferences in North America that I have been too or planning on attending in near future:
- Emetrics – eMetrics Summit is “Big Data for Marketing!” From early adopters leading the effort to those still in discovery mode, this is the only comprehensive event dedicated to digital analytics and marketing optimization. As the leading conference covering the impact of data & technology on marketing, eMetrics Summit focuses on driving business results through data analysis and technology adoption.
- SMX – Search Marketing Expo is programmed by the sharpest minds in search marketing. Together, Search Engine Land editor-in-chief Danny Sullivan and executive editor Chris Sherman have covered the topics, interviewed the luminaries and educated a generation of search marketers.
- BlogWorldExpo – This is first and only industry-wide tradeshow, conference, and media event dedicated to promoting the dynamic industry of new media including: Blogging, Podcasting, Social Media, Online Video, Music, TV, Radio, Gaming, Entertainment and Communities.
- IRCE - The Internet Retailer Conference & Exhibition became America’s largest trade show by first becoming the largest show in e-retailing—a status it has maintained for the last four years.
- Shop Annual Summit – Since its inception in 1996, the Digital Retail Industry has joined with Shop.org to create a community of like-minded executives with the common purpose of advancing their industry through the sharing of knowledge, experience and expertise.
- Miva Merchant Conference – spend 4 power-packed days working with the most successful Miva Merchants online today in our lab-style classroom environment and in ample networking opportunities.
Some of my favorite tools:
- Plugin Tools to use in Chrome to see tracking on web pages: Google Chrome Debugger or WASP
- Plugin tools to extract Google Analytics custom reports via API: Google Doc Analytics plugin, Tatvic, Excellent Analytics
- Find a whole list of analytics tools and partners here: http://www.google.com/analytics/partners
- moz.org – SEOmoz serves as a hub for search marketers worldwide, providing education, tools, resources and paid services to help every SEO to be the best they can be.
- Google Webmaster Central – your one-stop shop for webmaster resources that will help you with your crawling and indexing questions, introduce you to offerings that can enhance and increase traffic to your site, and connect you with your visitors.
- Google Analytics – is the enterprise-class web analytics solution that gives you rich insights into your website traffic and marketing effectiveness.
- Hubspot Website Grader - Website Grader is a free seo tool that measures the marketing effectiveness of a website. It provides a score that incorporates things like website traffic, SEO, social popularity and other technical factors.