It will be my second time around to attend BlogWorld and New Media Expo in Las Vegas. I am heading there for this week/weekend’s conference. And boy, I am pumped because it is a great way to learn social media advanced tactics!
For those who don’t know, last year BlogWorld acquired New Media Expo and they became one identity. Read the release here on the acquisition of New Media here.
About BlogWorld & New Media Expo
BlogWorld & New Media Expo is the first and only industry-wide trade show, conference and media event dedicated to promoting the dynamic industry of blogging and new media. Designed to give participants the strategies, tools and technologies they need to leverage new media communication in business, editorial and entertainment environments, the conference features dozens of seminars, panel discussions and keynotes from iconic personalities on the leading-edge of online technology and Internet-savvy business. BlogWorld & New Media Expo will place at the Las Vegas Convention Center, October 15-17, 2009. More information on BlogWorld & New Media Expo can be found at www.blogworldexpo.com.
For last minute attendees or friends who still need to register use code PB20 for 20%off - http://bit.ly/EVI6G
Blogging, so what!
Don’t let the name fool you. It’s more than just Blogging about your personal life. Last year I learnt many tactics and best practices for business (e.g. how to find your target audience, attract and interact with them, how to integrate social media with your SEO and paid tactics, how to track, analyze and monetize social media) . So if you want to sell your own personal brand or your product or service online, this is the place to be!
Luggage packed. Check.
My luggage is packed and currency exchanged (mighty fine rate too, Canada’s dollar is getting close to par again). I wish I didn’t have to travel the US as much to learn bleeding edge tactics, but I have yet to attend a great conference in Canada. The US really rocks in the conference and education arena for online marketing. Dave, BlogWorld Expo’s organizer does a great job on getting industry experts as speakers. You will learn tons sitting in on the tracks from the speakers and during the networking events from other attendees.
Seminar tracks picked. Check.
I debated on what seminar tracks to attend and narrowed them down for myself. The 3 days are jammed pack and at any given time you have a choice of up to 10 different tracks. There are some tracks where I wish I can be in two places at one time, but I guess I will have to share notes over a drink with a conference buddy.
Netbook charged up. Check.
I will be bringing my netbook and taking lot’s of notes. For those tracks that are my favorites, I will be compiling some meaty blog posts to share with my friends that couldn’t make it along.
Over the three days, I counted over 125 different learning sessions being offered at Blogworld New Media Expo. Deciding which sessions to attend was a little difficult.
Here are my personal picks on the tracks I plan to attend at BlogWorld:
- 8:45am – 9:45am Full Access Keynote Address
(with Laura Fitton)
- 9:45am – 10:45am Social Secure-ity? Managing Your Brand’s Online Reputation
(with Connie Bensen, Amber Naslund, Margaret Francis, Nick Koudas)
- 11:00am – 12:00pm Linkedin For Viral Campaigns
(with Lewis Howes)
- 12:15pm – 1:15pm Full Acccess Luncheon Talk
(with Kara Swisher, Scott Monty)
- 1:30pm – 2:30pm Internet Marketing For Smart People
(with Darren Rowse, Brian Clark, Chris Brogan)
- 2:45pm – 3:45pm Full Access Keynote Address – Sponsored Conversations
(with Jeremiah Owyang (Moderator), Ted Murphy, Wendy Piersal)
- 4:00pm – 5:00pm Facebook & Twitter Fortunes: How To Strategically Grow Your Business Using the Top Two Online Social Networks
(with Mari Smith)
- 5:15pm – 6:15pm Full Access Keynote Address
(with Chris Brogan)
- 8:45am – 10:30am State of the Blogosphere Address
(with Richard Jalichandra)
- 9:30am – 10:30am Keynote: The Death And Rebirth Of Journalism
(with Brian Solis, Jay Rosen, Hugh Hewitt, Don Lemon, Joanna Drake Earl)
- 11:30am – 12:30pm Are You Getting The Most Money Out Of Your Blog As You Can?
(with Dave Taylor, Tim Jones, Chris Pirillo, Chloe Spencer)
- 12:45pm – 1:45pm Affiliate Marketing Blogging Secrets
(with Angel Djambazov, Brian Littleton, Ben Huh, Kim Rowley)
- 3:00pm – 3:30pm Listening 2.0 – Activating Social Media Across The Enterprise
(with Rob Key)
- 4:00pm – 5:00pm Did I Miss The Online Video Boat
(with Steve Rosenbaum, Gary Rozenwieg, Vincent Everts)
- 9:30am – 10:30am Keynote Address – The New Celebrity
(with Brian Solis (Moderator), Anthony Edwards, Jermaine Dupri)
- 11:30am – 12:30pm Where Are We Going? The Future of Social Media & Business
(with Jeremiah Owyang)
- 12:45pm – 1:15pm 10 Ways to Build Your Readershp
(with Nicole Simon)
- 3:00pm – 4:00pm Social Media Customer Engagement, Customer Loyalty
(with Becky Carroll, Michael Brito, Tac Anderson, Tony Welch, John Hendricks)
- 4:15pm – 5:15pm How to Make 60K A Month With A Membership Progam?
(with Timothy Sykes, Adarsh D. Pallian)
- 5:30pm – 6:30pm Closing Keynote
(with Guy Kawasaki, Chad Vader, Kevin Pollak, Jenny The Bloggess)