I’ve been very intrigued with twitter. It has been my source of interaction for the most part – I work on the computer day and night (ya I know I should get out more!). And I also use my iPhone to tweet while watching television. For those who don’t know, Twitter is a micro-blogging application that allows you to send updates (aka “tweets”) to the Twitter website and your twitter friends, similar to the Facebook status (with a limit of 140 character input). You can find and interact with people with similar interests. You can follow them, and others can follow you. It’s an instant-messaging-meets-social-media-networking tool.
If you want to learn all about Twitter and how it can benefit you or yourcompany as a brand, I highly recommend Deborah Micek and Warren Whitlock’s Twitter Revolution: How Social Media and Mobile Marketing is Changing the Way We Do Business & Market Online. They really know their stuff with regards to Twitter and Social Media. I had the liberty to meet Warren Whitlock at Blogworld Expo in Vegas over a month ago (a very nice man he is too!).
Below is my compiled list of every term, shorthand and tool that I researched on the net (after being disappointed with http://twittonary.com/ – they can use my list below if they give credit!). I am sure many new tools are still being developed and I may have missed many that will be in Warren and Deb’s handbook (feel free to comment on the post if you know of any I missed- I am sure there’s more! )
I colored coded my list by: Terms ( orange ), shorthands ( green ) and tools ( purple ) all in alphabetical order.
- 1 – ( shorthand ) one, won
- 2 – ( shorthand ) to, too, two
- 30 Boxes – (tool)
has tight Twitter integration. After adding Twitter to your Web Stuff,
you can view twitters from you and friends and you can post directly to
- 4 – (shorthand ) for, four
- 4U – ( shorthand ) for you
- 4ward – ( shorthand ) forward
- ab or abt – ( shorthand ) about
- B – ( shorthand ) be
- b/c – ( shorthand ) because
- b4 – ( shorthand ) before
- BFN – ( shorthand ) bye for now
- bgd – ( shorthand ) background
- BiggerTwitter - (tool) A service similar to Twitzer which allows you to post longer messages, although works by placing a link in the Tweet.
- BigTweet – (tool)
- BigTweet installs as a bookmarklet to your browser and allows you to
post to Twitter from any web page. Insert special Unicode characters
and shorten URLs.
- Blackbird - (mobile tool) a Twitter client for BlackBerry smartphones.
- Blogo – (mac tool) A weblog editor which is also a full-featured Twitter client integrated with Twitpic, tinyURL, tweetburner and Ping.fm.
- BLT – ( linux tool ) Perl script that lets you see what your friends are doing right from the Terminal.
- BR – ( shorthand ) best regards
- BTW – ( shorthand ) by the way
- CelebrityTweet – (tool) Stalk or follow celebrities on Twitter as they tweet in real-time.
- CheckYesOrNo.info - (tool)
Create simple yes or no polls and use the ’send to twitter’ feature to
easily share with your twitter buddies. It’s like those notes you used
to get from girls back in junior high.
- Chirrup – ( windows tool ) Twitter client with extensive Japanese language support.
- chk – ( shorthand ) check
- cld – ( shorthand ) could
- clk – ( shorthand ) click
- Cullect – (tool)
Collaborative feed reader optimized for Twitter; sign in with your
Twitter id, post to twitter. Cullect also auto-expands shortened urls.
More info at @cullect •
- da – ( shorthand ) the
- deets – ( shorthand ) details
- DM – ( shorthand ) direct message
- Drunktwittering – ( term ) Similar to drunk dialing
- Dweet – ( term ) Tweet sent while drunk
- Dwigger – (tool) Threaded conversations and voting for Twitter
- EM/eml – ( shorthand ) email
- EMA – ( shorthand ) email address
- F2F – ( shorthand ) face to face (as in meeting someone in person)
- fab – ( shorthand ) fabulous
- fav/fave – ( shorthand ) favorite
- Feedalizr – (tool)
A free desktop application that allows you to view, rate and comment on
what your friends are sharing online. Tweet, upload pics to Flickr,
update your Facebook status, keep up to date with your friends’ Google
Reader, Digg, Tumblr, YouTube and Last.fm posts on Friendfeed.
- fitURL – (tool) fitURL creates short URLs just like tinyURL accept it fights spam by checking for spam URLs which makes it much more reliable.
- Flotzam – (windows tool) A Mash Up of Twitter, Flickr, Facebook and blogs, completely configurable.
- Follow – (action) Choosing to sign up to receive someone’s Tweets.
- Follow+UserName – (action) The instruction to keep up with a user’s flow of Twitter messages.
- Followers – ( term ) People who follow your updates.
- FoodFeed – (tool) Twitter-based food log. Track what you eat by prefixing a message with @having, or direct messaging having.
- FreeTweets – (tool) Cool collections of hottest Twitter Backgrounds.
- Friendfeed – ( tool )
Puts all of our RSS content onto one page, making it easy to see from
one glance (rather than going to different properties) and you can even
reply from friendfeed to different tools. It’s smarter to organize
around people, rather than tools.
- Friendorfollow – ( tool ) Find out who you’re following that’s not following you back, and who’s following you that you’re not following back.
- FuelFrog – (tool) Use Twitter to keep a log of your fuel and mileage. Compare your mileage with others in your area, or with the same car.
- fwd – ( shorthand ) forward
- FYI – ( shorthand ) for your information
- Geotwitter – (action) Tracks the geographical location of the most recent Tweets.
- Get+UserName – (action) A command that retrieves the most recent updated Tweet from that user.
- Google Snackr – ( tool )
Snackr is an RSS ticker that pulls random items from your feeds and
scrolls them across your desktop. When you see a title that looks
interesting, you can click on it to pop up the item in a window.
- GR8 – ( shorthand ) great
- Green Tweets – (tool) Tracks tweets about green & environmental topics based on semantic natural language analysis rather than keyword.
- gTwitter – ( linux tool ) GTK+ based app inspired by Twitterrific.
- Hashtag – ( term )
Hashtags are a community-driven convention for adding additional
context and metadata to your tweets. They’re like tags or categories,
only added inline to your post. You create a hashtag simply by
prefixing a word with a hash symbol: #hashtag.
- IC – ( shorthand ) I see
- IM – ( shorthand ) instant message
- IMHO – ( shorthand ) in my humble opinion
- IRL – ( shorthand ) for in real life
- iTweet – ( mobile tool ) A mobile Twitter site designed for the iPhone.
- iTwit – ( mobile tool ) Mobile version of Twitter made for the iPhone.
- itz – ( shorthand ) it is
- Jack Dorsey – (person) Widely acknowledged as the inventor of Twitter.
- Jaiku – ( tool ) A competitor of Twitter, currently owned by Google.
- Jargong – ( mobile tool ) Browse Flickr, do some social networking, but most importantly, check and publish tweets.
- JK or j/k – ( shorthand ) just kidding
- JSYK – ( shorthand ) just so you know
- jTwitter – ( mobile tool ) View timelines, enter updates, and more, all on your mobile phone.
- K – ( shorthand ) okay
- kewl – ( shorthand ) cool
- KipFolio Widget – ( windows tool ) Simple Twitter widget for KipFolio.
- L8 – ( shorthand ) late
- L8er – ( shorthand ) later
- LiveTwitting - (tool)
Use LiveTwitting for your next conference, event, or meeting instead of
liveblogging. Simple commands to turn recording on and off, all through
- LMAO – ( shorthand ) laughing my ass off
- lmk – ( shorthand ) let me know
- LOL – ( shorthand ) laughing out loud
- Loudtwitter – ( tool ) Automatically transfer your Tweets directly to your blog.
- MadTwitter – ( windows tool ) A reincarnation of Twitterrific, except on Windows.
- Micro-blog – ( term ) A tiny way to blog. Twitter only allows 140 characters and classified as a micro-blog.
- mil – ( shorthand ) million
- Mistweet – ( term ) A message or ‘Tweet’ that was sent in error or one later regrets.
- MoniTwitter – ( tool ) Receive important updates about your site via Twitter.
- Njoy – ( shorthand ) enjoy
- Nudge+UserName – (action) A Twitter command used to remind a Friend to update their Twitter status
- Obvious – (company) The American company based in California that created Twitter.
- OH – ( shorthand ) overheard
- OMG – ( shorthand ) oh my god/gosh
- peeps – ( shorthand ) people
- picobuzz – (tool) Shows popular buzz words from the public timeline and who’s sayin’ them!
- PingTwitter - (tool) Ping your Twitter account from your blog so it auto updates when you make a new blog post.
- plz – ( shorthand ) please
- pockettweets – ( mobile tool ) A Web-based Twitter client for the Apple iPhone.
- Politweets – ( tool ) A tool for tracking Tweets relating to politics
- pple – ( shorthand ) people
- props – ( shorthand ) proper respect
- Pwytter – ( windows tool ) Cross platform Python Twitter client with Asian character support.
- Quotably – ( tool )
A ‘conversation’ tracker, it threads together the discussions that
members are having by looking at the replies, interesting to see how
conversations spiral into different threads. Follow the Tweets of a
particular user in a threaded style.
- R – ( shorthand ) are
- ReporTwitters – ( term ) Bunch of journalists publishing ‘reality style’ tweets in conjunction with their articles.
- Retweetme : ( tool &
action) Use Twitter to remind yourself of things you might forget. When
the time comes, Twitter will message you the reminder.
- ROFL – ( shorthand ) rolling on the floor laughing
- RSS2Twitter – ( tool ) Share any RSS feed on Twitter, and have new RSS items automatically be tweeted.
- RT / Retweet – ( shorthand ) when you repeat a tweet from someone else
- RU? – ( shorthand ) are you?
- Ruby on Rails : The programming language used to create and develop Twitter.
- Saytweet – ( tool )
Create a Twitter badge that shows your updates on a picture!Upload a
picture and then tag some Twitter users in that picture. Voila − that’s
all it takes to make a dynamic mashup like the one above. Give it a
try, and then share the badge!
- Search Plugin – ( browser plugin tool ) Tweet right from the Firefox search box.
- Shareaholic – ( browser plugin tool ) Share links and webpages via Twitter right within Firefox.
- shld – ( shorthand ) should
- SnapTweet – ( mobile tool ) Snapping a mobile photo, uploading to Flickr, and using http://snaptweet.com/to post it to your Twitter stream
- Spaz – ( cross-platform tool ) Desktop client built with AIR.
- Summize: ( search tool ) For searching the content of hundreds of thousands of Tweets. As of fall 2008 it is twitter.search.com
- Snitter – (tool) lots of features with a great UI make this Twitter client stand out from the crowd. Built on AIR.
- StrawPoll – (tool) Tiny daily polls in 140 characters or less.
- Teletwitter – ( windows tool ) Experimental open source client.
- Terraminds – ( search tool ) Search for specific users or tweets.
- thx/tx – ( shorthand ) thanks
- TIA – ( shorthand ) thanks in advance
- TikiTwit – ( mac tool) Match your iChat status to your last tweet.
- TinyTwitter – ( mobile tool) works with any Java enabled device (that’s a bunch & includes the
CrackBerry) and any Windows Mobile Pocket PC or Smartphone
- TopNewsTrends – (tool) Top News Trends combines google trends data with twitter search.
- TrackThis – (tool) Track your FedEx, UPS, USPS and DHL packages using Twitter direct messages
- Twappi – (tool) Daily Twitter mood
- Twautocomplete – (tool) Firefox extension to add autocomplete on Twitter.com for @-messages and d-messages
- TreoTwit – ( mobile tool ) Easily check and update your Twitter right from your Treo.
- twiggit – (tool) twiggit is an automated service that lets your friends on twitter know what articles you digg.
- TwitDir – (tool) A Twitter directory, no more. You are looking for someone, something? Just type a few words in the search engine.
- Triqqr – ( windows tool ) Submit tweets directly to Twitter and view user profiles.
- ttyl – ( shorthand ) talk to you later
- ttys – ( shorthand ) talk to you soon
- Twadd – ( term ) To add someone as a friend – mutual followers.
- Twadget – ( windows tool ) Simple gadget that lets you view and submit tweets right from Vista’s Sidebar.
- Twaffic – ( term ) Twitter traffic.
- Twaggle – ( term ) A gaggle of followers.
- Twaigslist – ( term ) To sell something via twitter. Also Twebay.
- Twaiting – ( term ) Twittering while waiting
- Twardware – ( term ) Twitter hardware.
- Twashdot – ( term ) News for twitterers. Stuff that doesn’t matter.
- Twaunt – ( term ) To taunt someone over twitter.
- Twead – ( term ) To read a twitter.
- Twebay – ( term ) To offer something for sale via twitter. Also Twaigslist.
- Tweekend – ( term ) Spending your entire Saturday and Sunday reading and posting via Twitter.
- Tweepish – ( term ) Feeling sheepish or regretful about something you tweeted.
- Tweeple – ( term ) Twitter people, Twitter members, Twitter users
- Tweeps – ( term ) Twitterites that follow each other from one social media/network to another.
- tweeps / tweeple – ( term ) peeps / people (on Twitter)
- Tweet Pushers – ( term ) Writers (guest bloggers) whose ideas and suggestions that will be featured at The Wall Tweet Journal
- Tweet(ing) – ( term ) The act of posting to Twitter
- Tweetaholism – ( term ) The continued use of Twitter as an addiction that is difficult to control
- Tweetard – ( term ) A twitter retard.
- Tweet-back – ( term ) Bringing a previous tweet conversation or reference back into the current conversation.
- Tweetbar – ( browser plugin tool ) Put Twitter on your Firefox sidebar.
- Tweetbeep – ( tool ) an alert email service where you can filter keywords.
- Tweetburner - ( tool ) a url shortener with stats
- Tweetdeck – ( cross-platform tool
) an Adobe Air desktop application. TweetDeck enables users to split
their main feed (All Tweets) into topic or group specific columns
allowing a broader overview of tweets.
- Tweet-dropping – ( term ) Eavesdropping on someone’s else’s Home Page in With Friends mode.
- Tweeter – ( cross-platform tool ) Java based client with customizable UI.
- Tweeter – ( term ) A user of Twitter (compare: Twitterer).
- Tweeterboxes – ( term ) Twitterers who tweet too much
- Tweetfeed – ( tool )
A customizable page that displays related Twitter activity live, a way
to keep track of what is happening on Twitter that interests you (and
share it with friends), A super-easy way to create “tweet walls” for
conferences and events!
- Tweetheart – ( term ) That special someone who makes your heart skip a beat
- TweetIn – ( term) When a group of twitterers agree to get together at a set time to twitter
- Tweetlater – ( tool )
Keep your Twitter stream ticking over with new tweets even when you’re
not in front of your computer. Or, use it as your personal reminder
system.Send automated thank you notes to new followers, and
automatically follow new followers,if you choose to do so.
- Tweetr – ( cross-platform tool ) Submit tweets, upload files, urltea built in, delete messages.
- Tweets – (term) Posts on Twitter by twitterers.
- Tweetscan – ( search tool ) Search by term and username.
- Tweetsulted, Tweetsult – ( term ) insult
- Tweetup – ( shorthand ) an in-person meet up of Twitter members
- Tweetwhatyoueat – (tool) Your daily food diary. Setup your own Twitter food diary in moments.
- Tweetwhatyouspend – (tool) Cash tracking made simple through Twitter.
- TweetWheel – ( tool ) Find out which of your Twitter friends know each other!
- Twellow – ( tool ) A directory that categorize twitter users into the various categories.
- Twerminology – ( term )Twitter terminology
- Twerpscan – ( tool
) Check the number of followers of everyone on your contact list, the
number of people they are following, and the ratio between those. If
the person is following more than (n) people (can be customised), and
has a followers-to-following ratio higher than 1:(m) (can be
customised), you’ll be notified by a link.
- Twessenger – ( windows tool ) Updates Live Messenger status to reflect latest tweet.
- Twexplanation – ( term ) Sending a nebulous tweet and having to explain it while offline from twitter.
- Twhepherd – ( term ) The Twitter employee that finds and restores lost followers to your twaggle.
- Twhiner – ( term ) A twitterer who only ever posts whiney, negative tweets
- Twhirl – ( tool ) A desktop client for the Twitter microblogging platform, powered by Adobe AIR. Connects to multiple Twitter , laconi.ca , Friendfeed and seesmic accounts.
- Twideo-cronicity – ( term ) When you’re watching someone’s videos and they are simultaneously leaving a comment or tweet for/at/about you.
- Twidget – ( mac tool ) Update your Twitter status within Dashboard.
- twidroid – (tool) the first full-featured twitter client for android mobile phones
- Twike – ( term ) To ride a bike with twitter.
- Twinja – ( cross-platform tool ) AIR based client which allows you to follow users on the fly.
- Twinfluence – (tool)
a simple tool using the Twitter API to to measure the combined
influence of twitterers and their followers, with a few social network
statistics thrown in as bonus.
- TwinkedIn – ( term ) Inviting friends made on Twitter to “connect with you on LinkedIn
- Twinkle – ( mobile tool ) Contact old friends and make new ones, all with Twinkle, the location-aware network for the iPhone and iPod Touch.
- Twippera – ( browser plugin tool ) Twitter widget for Opera that can send and view tweets.
- Twis – ( term ) To dis a fellow twitterer. Bad form.
- Twist – ( tool ) See trends in twitter
- Twisticuffs – ( term ) Fighting with a fellow twitterer over twitter.
- Twit.el – ( linux tool ) Another utility that allows publishing of tweets within Emacs.
- Twit4Live – ( windows tool ) Set status message as latest tweet, send tweets from within Live Messenger, and send tweets to contacts.
- Twitbar – ( linux tool ) Post tweets from the GNOME deskbar.
- TwitBin – ( browser plugin tool
) TwitBin is an extension for firefox that brings the power of twitter
right in your browser. Send and view tweets right within it.
- TwitBox – ( windows tool
) Desktop client. View and submit tweets, see replies and direct
messages, delete your own tweets, and multiple account support.
- TwitDir – ( search tool ) Allows user to search for users by name, location, or username.
- Twitgit – ( mac tool ) Read your friend’s tweets and submit your own, right in Dashboard.
- Twitkit – ( browser tool ) TwitKit is a Twitter sidebar for Firefox. TwitKit has a 6-section interface, using tabs to separate content.
- Twitosphere – ( term ) Community of twitterers
- Twitpic – ( tool ) TwitPic lets you share photos on Twitter .You can post pictures to
- TwitPic from your phone, our API , or through the site itself.
- Twitt(url)y – ( tool ) A service for tracking what URLs people are talking about as they talk about them on twitter.
- Twittastic – ( term ) Fantastic, wonderful, superb; coined by the folks at Twitterholic when referring to their robots.
- Twittcrastination – ( term ) Twittering as a form of procrastination
- Twittduit – ( term ) If you need to Tweet a friend that does not follow you, post a
- Twittduit asking your followers to pass a message.
- Twittectomy – ( term ) unfollowing friends
- Twittelator – ( mobile tool ) C omplete iPhone twitter client . Available through the App Store.
- TweetAhead – ( mac tool ) Schedule tweets to be posted ahead of time with a simple Dashboard widget.
- Twitter CLI – ( windows tool ) Post tweets via the command line.
- Twitter for Vim – ( linux tool ) Publish tweets right within Vim.
- Twitter.el – ( linux tool ) Publish tweets while in Emacs.
- Twitter100 - View 100 Tweets at a time.
- Twitterati – ( term ) The glamorous A-List twitterer’s everyone wants to follow.
- Twitterbate – ( term ) To masturbate to another user’s tweets.
- TwitterBerry – ( mobile tool ) Twitter built for various BlackBerry devices. Update and view timelines with ease.
- TwitterBuzz – ( tool ) Find out what domains are being most linked to on Twitter.
- Twittercal mass – ( term ) A community that has achieved a critical mass of twitterers.
- TwitterCard – (tool) Create a 125×125 Twitter business card widget to put on your blog and display bio and recent status.
- Twitterer – ( term ) A user of Twitter (compare: Tweeter).
- twitterfeed.com – (tool) “feed your blog to twitter”. submit your blog’s feed, and get your new blog posts twittered automatically.
- Twitterfly – ( term ) Being a social butterfly on Twitter evidenced by extreme usage of @ signs.
- TwitterFox – ( browser plugin tool ) Compact Firefox extension that can publish and view tweets. ( previously known as TwitterNotifier )
- Twittergrader – ( tool ) Twitter Grader gives you a grade based on the power ofyour Twitter profile.
- Twitterholic – ( tool ) Shows the top users and accounts on Twitter.
- Twittering – ( term ) To send a Twitter message.
- Twitterish – ( term ) Erractic behavior with short outbursts.
- Twitteritas – ( term ) Women who play with their twitters.
- Twitterject – ( term ) Interject your tweet into an existing tweet stream of conversation.
- Twitter-ku – ( term ) Those who either post on both Twitter and Jaiku or load their
- Twitterless – (tool)
Twitterless will notify you when somebody stops following you and tell
you who it is and your follower history is graphed out over time.
- Twitterlex – ( mac tool ) A simple Mac OS X Dashboard Widget that shows you the last 30 twitters by you and your Twitter friends, updating every 60 seconds when visible.
- Twitterlicious – ( windows tool ) Update Twitter status, easily check replies and direct messages.
- Twitter-Light Zone – ( term ) Where you are when you return to Twitter after any time away and feel disoriented and lost.
- TwitterLinkr – ( tool ) A service collecting the best links posted trough Twitter
- Twitterlocal - ( tool
) Filter finds tweets based upon a users profile location. If you’ve a
local business, this could become useful. Lets you generate an RSS or
XML Feed to filter out Tweets around a certain area.
- Twitterlooing – ( term ) Twittering from a bathroom.
- Twitterloop – ( term ) To be caught up with friend tweets and up on the conversation.
- Twittermaps – ( tool ) A mashup technology that lets Twitter users find each other using Google maps.
- Twittermob – ( term ) An unruly and ragtag horde of people who descend on an ill-prepared location after a provocative Twitter message.
- Twitteroo – ( windows tool ) Client with URL shortening, clickable links and tweets, customization, and both public and friend timelines.
- Twitterpated – ( term )To be overwhelmed with Twitter messages.
- Twitterphoria – ( term ) The elation you feel when the person you’ve added as a friend adds you back.
- Twitter.PollDaddy.com – (tool) Create Polldaddy polls and post them directly to your Twitter stream.
- TwitterPost – ( mac tool ) Basic client that submits tweets, shows your current iTunes track in your feed, and more.
- Twitterrhea – ( term ) The act of sending too many Twitter messages.
- Twitterrific – ( mobile & platform tool ) Twitterrific is a fun application that lets you both read and publish posts or “tweets” to the Twitter community website.
- Twitterrific ( term ) – a really good Twitter thing
- Twittersearch – ( search tool ) Search Twitter and tweets by word.(formerly summize.com)
- Twitterstream – ( term ) the twitter timeline (public or friends)
- Twitter SPY – (tool) Twitter SPY displays the Twitter public timeline.
- TwitterSync for Yahoo – (windows tool) Syncs Twitter status with Yahoo Messenger status.
- Twittertise – (tool)
Twittertise allows you to schedule in advance and track the
clickthroughs on tweets. Ideal for advertisers looking to measure
- Twittertories – ( term ) Clusters of twittererers that follow and friend each other with little overlap with other clusters.
- Twittertude – ( term ) Bad Twitter attitude. Or a state of being, like solitude only with other people present.
- Twittervision – ( tool ) See where in the world people are submitting tweets from, real time.
- TwitterYM – ( windows tool ) Simple Yahoo Messenger status updater.
- Twittfeinated, Twigged Out, Twired – ( term ) To be so hyped up on twittering that you cannot sleep
- Twittfessional – ( term ) A confession made on Twitter
- TwitThis – ( tool ) Allow visitors to your site to easily share a page or post via Twitter.
- Twitticisms – ( term ) Witty tweets
- Twittilate – ( term ) To arouse with tweets.
- Twittish – ( term ) Too skittish to twitter.
- Twittonary – ( term ) dictionary of twitter terminology
- Twittsomnia – ( term ) Twittering due to inability to sleep, thus compounding inability to sleep.
- Twittworking – ( term ) Networking with Twitterites using Twitter
- TwittyTunes – ( browser plugin tool ) A FoxyTunes (Firefox extension) addon that posts what you’re currently listening to Twitter.
- Twitux – ( linux tool ) Twitter client for the GNOME desktop.
- Twitwall – (tool )
When its too long to tweet, but too short to blog, just TwitWall it!
TwitWall is the easy-to-use, quick-to-blast-out blog companion for
- Twitxr – ( tool ) Share pictures from your mobile phone. Automatically publish them on social networks and photosharing sites.
- Twixt and tween – ( term ) Can’t decide who or what to tweet
- Twode – ( term ) To hack on the twitter API.
- Twofor – ( term ) Replying to two unrelated twitter messages with a single tweet
- TwoingTwoing – ( term ) To twitter about wonderful things.
- Twoogle – ( term ) Twitter as the human Google. Pose a question, get near-instantaneous results.
- Twoops – ( term ) When you accidentally send a private sms to Twitter
- Twoosh – ( term ) A full 140 character twitter.
- Twopsies – ( term ) When you drop things because you are twittering.
- Tword – ( term ) Words formed by appending “Tw” to the original word (like most words in this list).
- Twouche – ( term ) Someone acting like a big fat jerk via twitter.
- Twurvey – ( term ) a survey sent out over Twitter
- Twuzzer – (tool) Twitter/GoogleMaps mashup.
- Twype – ( term ) to type a twitter.
- TY – ( shorthand ) thanks
- TYT – ( shorthand ) take your time
- TYVM – ( shorthand ) thank you very much
- U – ( shorthand ) you
- u’ve – ( shorthand ) for you have
- ur – ( shorthand ) your
- Useqwitter – ( tool ) emails when a twitter stops following you after a certain post
- V2V – ( shorthand ) voice to voice (as in chatting on the phone)
- w or w/ – ( shorthand ) with
- w/e – ( shorthand ) weekend
- w00t! – ( shorthand ) an expression of joy/excitement
- wazzup?/whaddup? – ( shorthand ) what’s up?
- What’s Up? – ( windows vista tool ) Gadget that allows you to see latest tweets from your friends.
- WildSets – ( mobile tool ) Extensve Twitter app for mobile phones. Support more than 300 phones.
- wld – ( shorthand ) would
- woz – ( shorthand ) was
- wtf – ( shorthand ) what the f***
- wth – ( shorthand ) what the heck
- yammer – ( tool )
a similar mico-blogging software to Twitter but for enterprise
companies and can be used as an intranet solution. This company won the
Techcrunch50 award in fall of 2008.
- Yoono – (tool)
Receive alerts, update your status or message your friends in your
browser sidebar. No need to switch from one site to another or from
your browser to a desktop app anymore. The perfect tool to become a
twitter heavy user without spending hours on it. Yoono also integrates
many other services : facebook, flickr, friendfeed, major IM services
- yr – ( shorthand ) your
- YVW – ( shorthand ) you’re very welcome
- YW – ( shorthand ) you’re welcome
- ZenTwitter – ( linux tool ) A GUI frontend for Twitter using zenity and curl.
- http://whyfacebook.com/2008/09/11/twitter-lingo-demystified/ (from Mari Smith the Facebook expert and super nice lady! twitter: @marismith )
- And my twitter friends that shared: @Seoadvice @ wiselywoven @ MyPreciousKid @ bcarroll7 @ gahlord dltabor @ steph_woods
Did I miss any terms, shorthand or twitter tools? Feel free to comment on the post and add to the list – I am sure there are still lot’s more – share away!Uncategorized | Tags: twitter, twitter tips, twitter tools, twittonary | Comments (17)